My academic pursuits began on the east coast of the United States and continued in British Columbia. I've also participated in non-academic trainings that have included numerous workshops and conferences throughout the years related to general health, complementary health care, pregnancy, birth and midwifery, parenting, couples therapy, psychotherapy, energy healing, energy psychology, ecopsychology, spirituality, neuroscience, separation and divorce, mediation, parenting coordination, and collaborative practice.
- M.Ed. in Counselling Psychology, University of British Columbia: Areas of Focus: Psychospiritual Approaches to Counselling, Separation and Divorce, and Cross-Cultural Counselling.
- B.A., University of British Columbia: Psychology, Counselling, Family Studies, Fine Arts
- A.A., Colby-Sawyer Junior College, New Hampshire: Major: Fine Arts; Minor: Psychology
- Dartmouth College, New Hampshire: Social Studies, Fine Arts, Music
I have presented on the following topics within the context of Collaborative Practice. These topics reflect an interest in spirituality or the meaning of life that I also bring into my general counselling practice as well as divorce work. I present locally and at the IACP forums (International Academy of Collaborative Professionals).
- Communication Skills for Working with Difficult Clients: Webcast for paralegals, CLE, 2016
- Meet and Greet: An Opportunity to be Present and Mindful, 2016 IACP conference, Washington, D.C.
- A Collaborative Life: the Integration of Collaborative Practice With Our Personal Lives, 2014, San Antonio, Texas
- The Power of the Heart. Collaborative Divorce Association. Vancouver, B.C. 2013.
- Getting to the Heart of the Matter: Deepening our Work in Collaborative Practice, 2012 IACP Forum, Chicago, IL.
- Mindfulness: The Essence of Collaborative Practice, 2011 IACP Forum for Collaborative Practitioners, San Francisco, Cal.
- Deepening Collaborative Connections: The Spiritual Dimensions of Trust, Commitment, and Competency, 2010 IACP Forum, Washington, D.C.
- Reflections & In-Visioning: Celebrating the Spiritual Component of Collaborative Practice, 2009 IACP Forum for Collaborative Professionals, Minneapolis
- The Spiritual Dimension of Collaborative Practice: Stepping Out & Reaching In, 2008 IACP Forum for Collaborative Professionals, New Orleans
- Realizing Joy in Collaborative Practice, 2007 IACP Forum for Collaborative Professionals, Toronto
- Raising the Bar: Collaboration With Our Higher Selves, 2006 IACP Forum for Collaborative Professionals, San Diego
- Tapping Your Way to Health and Well-Being, 2006 7th Annual Prevention Forum: "The Strength Within Us", MCF, Nanaimo
- Into the Fourth Dimension with Collaborative Practice, 2005 IACP Forum for Collaborative Professionals, Atlanta
- The Spiritual Dimension of Collaborative Practice, 2004 IACP Forum for Collaborative Professionals, Boston
My employment history began with a part-time teaching position in a small village called Telegraph Creek in British Columbia. I then branched out into part-time counseling work as I parented four children in Smithers and then work with family support programs in Vancouver. Finally, my work evolved into a full-time private counseling practice which includes Collaborative Divorce coaching.
- Individual, Couples, and Family Therapist: Private Practice
- Collaborative Divorce Coach, Child Specialist, Mediator: Private Practice
- Collaborative Divorce Trainer: Continuing Legal Education Society of B.C.
- Workshop Co-Facilitator: Collaborative Practice Training Pilot, MCF
- Counsellor: Family Services of Greater Vancouver
- Family Support Worker, Parenting Educator: Westcoast Family Resources
- Rehabilitation Worker: Assistant to Nurse-Therapist
- Supervisor & Counsellor: Mt. Pleasant Kivan Boys & Girls Club
- Holistic and Pre-natal Counsellor: Smithers Medical Clinic
- Doula and Birth Assistant
- Group & Workshop Facilitator: Smithers Mental Health Network & N. W. Community College
- Supervisor & Counsellor: Smithers Community Services Program for Pregnant Teens
- Childcare Worker: Smithers Community Services Association
- Tutor: private practice
Telegraph Creek, B.C.
- Teacher: Tahltan Band School
I would also like to include some of my volunteer activities which have focused on physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health, growth, and well-being.
- Current member of the Collaborative Divorce Association Board of Directors
- Presenter, 2003 - 2015 IACP Annual Collaborative Practice Networking Forums
- Former Board Member, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Former Co-Chair & Founder, Collaborative Divorce Association of Vancouver
- Nomination Committee, Collaborative Divorce Association of Vancouver
- Presenter, Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice
- Co-Chair & Planner, 2004 IACP Annual Networking Forum in Vancouver
- Former founding member Board of Directors, B.C. Parenting Coordinators Roster Society
Health and Counselling
- Community Advisory Group - Alzheimer's Project
- BC Women's Hospital Ethics Committee
- Child Health Study Group
- AIDS Conference
- Hand in Hand: Community Outreach Health Program, Vancouver
- Narrative Therapy Conferences (Vancouver, Toronto)
- Birth Project Telegraph Creek & Remote Northern Communities
- Community Advisory: Wellness in Alzheimer Disease Project
Community and Global Concerns
- Board of Directors, Compassionate Eye Foundation
- Summit on Spirituality & Sustainability
- False Creek South RePlan Community Association
- Marine Mews Strata Council Member
Music & Art
- Vancouver Jazz Festival
- Photographer for National Lawn Bowling Competition, Vancouver, B.C.